3/05/2010

Follow up on SentryPro ordeal

So after months of waiting for them to respond to my complaints, I found the email addresses of their CEO and VP of Products and sent them the following email:

Subject: Worst Customer Support Experience EVER

Dear Mr. Adamson and Mr. Scharf,

I FedExed the following memo with the required documentation and information to your company after my dogs were poisoned by your product, SentryPro XFC, at the instruction of Jackie on November 11th, 2009:

Memo
To:          Consumer Affairs – Sargent’s Pet Care
From:     Jaimee Clements
Date:      11/4/2009
Re:         Request for reimbursement: Case # 557349

Please refer to case #557349 for full details.


I have enclosed the supportive documents with my request for reimbursement of the emergency vet bills incurred by the usage of your product, Sentry Pro XFC. I have also enclosed the unused portion of the product as  requested by Jackie (the name of the emergency customer support rep whom I spoke with on the phone on November 4, 2009).
I respectfully request reimbursement of the following costs incurred when I applied your product to my dogs:
Emergency vet - Visit 1
$524.00

Emergency vet - Visit 2
$155.00

Transportation to & from Vet
$90.00

Special food
$15.00

Petco - cost of SentryPro XFC
$26.71

Lost day's wages
$458.40


$1,269.11
Actual expenses

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I can be reached at 415-XXX-XXXX. My address is (redacted).


After hearing absolutely NOTHING from you by December 28th, I called the consumer affairs number listed on your website, gave my name and case number to the rep and was informed I had to talk to "someone in another Consumer Affairs department" and that she would transfer me, stating that if I got disconnected I should call back and press option "4". I was transferred and got an automated message saying that no one was available to take my call and to leave a message. Which I did.

Nobody called me back. (Not a big surprise by this point.)

So when I returned from my holiday travel, I called again to inquire about the status of my claim and this time pressed "4". In case you don't know, that option is for finding a store location to purchase more of your poison. Which wasn't even funny at this point.

I immediately called back and pressed the option given to talk to someone in Consumer Affairs. I gave her my whole story up to this point again and she was very nice and understanding about things. She put me on hold to investigate why my claim was never received by them, despite my having a claim number and having FedExed a package with supporting documentation to you, and came back saying that she was sorry but she needed to work with her supervisor to determine what happened and get my claim processed right away. She promised she or her manager would call me back within the next 48 hours. That was on Monday, January 11. It is now Friday the 15th. I have yet to hear back from anyone at your company and I shouldn't need to tell you how sick and tired I am of getting the runaround from you people.

Yesterday, I tried to submit an email using the form provided on your readthelabel.com website and -- no big surprise here either -- when I hit the submit button I got an error message from  your webserver again and again. I finally gave up in disgust and spent 4 hours researching online to obtain your email addresses and phone numbers to your direct line. If I have to purchase a plane ticket to your headquarters, class action attorneys in tow, just to get the attention I have patiently been asking for then so be it... I will.

Gentlemen, as the VP of Products and CEO of the company, I would expect you would want to know when your company treats someone so poorly. ESPECIALLY after they've had such a traumatic experience after using your product (as detailed in my blog post and video clips linked below).
 I understand there are literally thousands of families who have gone through or are still going through the same terrifying situation I did when I applied your poison to my dogs, so I know I am not alone and I'm sure you're already well aware of the magnitude of the problem with this product when the #1 search result in Google for "SentryPro XFC" is this: http://journal.drfaulken.com/problems-with-sentrypro-xfc-flea-and-tick-medication/

I can be reached at the phone number, address & email address above in addition to my @UberShoeDiva Twitter account, Facebook profile (Jaimee Clements) or smoke signals at this point. You guys are competing for the most EPIC FAIL EVER in handling a large-scale customer crisis the likes of which only the makers of Tylenol can relate to.

I would greatly appreciate the prompt attention this matter has more than earned by this point.

I received a message that very afternoon from the CEO's secretary requesting that I call her back (which I did but they were closed for the day by the time I got the message). The very next day I received a FedEx from them with a check for the cost of the poison I bought from them and a letter telling me they were only covering the cost of the product because I "applied it wrong". I'm just disgusted by the whole experience and will continue to crusade against the company and retailers that persist in selling this toxic substance to people who are trying to *protect their pets*.

So, Sergeants? You can suck it. And your insult of a check.

1 comment:

Wanderlust Studio said...

I support you! Thanks for standing up for you and your dog!!

Post a Comment